Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Greece: More troubles
  • Nine in ten Greeks have economic difficulties to buy their medication, while 70% say their income is not enough for the purchase of all the medicine they need. Furthermore, 59.5% did not proceed to labour tests as advised by their physicians due to economic problems.

Via: http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2012/04/25/survey-9-in-10-greeks-unable-to-purchase-drugs-medicindue-to-economic-problems/

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • @jasonp

Let's keep talk about original point, not how bad are sources in your mind.

I see nothing unreal in the results. It perfectly correlate to all I read and see.

• More of the similar stuff:

Greece will provide 250 million euros in emergency funds to its ailing electricity providers to prevent a California-style energy crisis, government officials said on Friday.

The liquidity injection removes the risk of a financial chain reaction which, according to regulators, was threatening to bring the country's electricity system to its knees.

The temporary aid will shore up the accounts of main power utility PPC, allowing it to maintain operations and reimburse other suppliers of electricity and natural gas on whom the smooth functioning of the country's energy system depends.

Greece's energy market has fallen into disarray due to a combination of stagnant power demand, rising fuel costs and a government decision to use PPC as a tax collection vehicle.

An increasing number of consumers stopped paying their electricity bills after the government started collecting a 1.7 billion euro property tax through them last year, in a desperate effort to meet its budget targets under an EU/IMF bailout.

Via: http://www.athensnews.gr/portal/1/55223

• Hello (again) from Greece. Vitaly's p;ointi that the problems here ARE big. Even if it not 9/10 but it is 8/10 or 6/10 the BIG pr;oblem remains. The health system decide to change specific receipt for drugs with replacements - genocides. The Drug storew DECIDE which brand will give to the patient. Both my parents (72 year father and 65 years mother) live this situation daily. It was an alternative from our government to reduce the cost BECAUSe both citizen and Government DON't have enough money to pay. Everyone knows that social media NEVER telling the whole truth and their target is to sell via fear, but the elephant is here. Even the elephant is 3 or 5 tons weigt, even he is grey, white or pink, HE HAS ARRIVED.!!!

• I assume you guys mean "generics" not genocides. Genocide is the selective killing of a mass of people of a certain race or ethnicity.

• Yep, I'm a pharmacist and we're often accused of trying to sell people ...their genetics!

Actually, the genetics may actually be the problem?