Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Small and light one hand rig
  • It is small and light. Gut for run and gun.
    As I understand same parts had been used in ed lee rig.

Canada seller ($89, with free worldwide shipping)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Aputure-MagicRig-/380325093649?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item588d246111

Note. Contact seller and mention this site name and you'll get DHL shipping worldwide for free.

Links

Company site - http://www.aputure.com/blog/2011/03/15/announcing-magicrig-version-1/
  • 60 Replies sorted by
  • LOL - Jag35 is gonna be pissed. Even more pissed than in that TrustMt bashing they did on Youtube.

I will check their booth out at Interfoto Exhibition in Shanghai in 2 weeks - hope to have a field report for you guys too.
  • >LOL - Jag35 is gonna be pissed.

I don't care about this. I told from the start that we are welcome all gear producers. but no whining about "they copied us!". I don't give a fuck about it. If you are sure and have necessary patents, use your lawyers instead of posting on forums.
  • Hold your horses there Vitaly. I hope Jag35 is pissed off I will laugh my ass off. I'm not affiliated with them. The field report I was talking about is to show you guys what new cheap gear we can be expecting to see coming out of PRC - for those 90% of us who cannot afford a Zacuto Scorpion :-)
  • >I'm not affiliated with them.

I did't mean that you are affilated :-) I just told my position on this.
  • This deal is looking more and more attractive - its even less than half the price of the Wondlan Sniper 1.4. If the adjustment knobs aren't to fidly and it enables you to loosen/tighten easily then we may have a winner here.
  • It is good quality thing. Produced in China.
    They'll also release new rigs quite soon acccording to my talks with manufacturer representative.
  • Well they will be here in 2 weeks:

http://www.interphoto.com.cn/Articleen/

Can't wait to check them out - been looking for a cheap rig like this for ages.
  • >Well they will be here in 2 weeks

How about making long blog post with many photos about this exhibition?
    I am sure that many will be interested.

• That's the plan :-)
  • Looks nice! When keeping things small, what do you guys recommend using to attach, let's say, a H4n? Without using the hot shoe, although a Hot Shoe Extension Bar might do the trick.
  • How about a shock absorber w/ hot shoe mount?
  • It seems very similar to the one I had sold though I see minor differences. Minus the trigger shutter release grip of course...
    The manufacturer that I sourced the parts from has gone kaput, looks like this one picked up the reins.
    But nearly half of their stock was shit so I had to personally test them first. The biggest problems were that the collapsable stocks were loose; knobs fell off easily and the camera plates did not fit well. Still, if you get a good copy it is indeed very cool for run 'n gunning and for that price? can't complain either.
    "Caveat Emptor"
  • >The manufacturer that I sourced the parts from has gone kaput, looks like this one picked up the reins.

I have big doubts about this.
    Added. Manufacturer official reply - it is not true.

>The biggest problems were that the collapsable stocks were loose; knobs fell off easily and the camera plates did not fit well. Still, if you get a good copy it is indeed very cool for run 'n gunning and for that price? can't complain either.

First. This one do not have collapsable stocks.
    Second. Your "knobs fell off easily and the camera plates did not fit well" sound really bad and I do not know how it relate to this manufacturer, really. Especially considering the fact that sold many rigs consisting of this $65 one and pistol grip with clamp for about $400. This information must have been in your initial offerings, don't you think? :-)
  • I didn't get those rigs for $65. I wish I did though. And you're right on closer look they are not collapsable stocks.
    Just offering my knowledge... I don't sell those rigs anymore so have no need to talk down on other products. But other than that the other parts look exactly identical except for the colour.
  • >I didn't get those rigs for $65.

In this case they had been smart. Business is business :-)

>... I don't sell those rigs anymore so have no need to talk down on other products.

I understand, and all info including negative must be present.
    But manufacturer seems to be different.

>But other than that the other parts look exactly identical except for the colour.

What I understand after many talks with bunch of manufacturers is that Chinese manufacturers and subcontractors are sometimes complete mystery. Bunch of small and medium firms positioned as manufacturers are only resellers.
  • Hmm.. interesting, should be a good addition to my flycam.

But I always wonder how stable with this kind of shoulder/chest mount? You really have to walk slow to get stable footage?
  • Hmm.. interesting name.
  • Want to add one thing - contact seller and mention this site name and you'll get DHL shipping worldwide for free.
  • Still don't know what I want next.. slider or chest mount.. or keep playing more with my flycam.

I can't find any video about this kind of chest mount... stonebat??
  • Me?

I plan to make a video about my hand rig using parts from Berkey System in this long weekend. It works great when I don't need to carry audio gears.

The one shown here... I like the price, but where are FF rods clamp? It's so much easier to hold with a handle in front of a camera body. It stabilizes better. I use FF rods clamp to install a rod & a handle.

The rig is sorta too specialized in my taste. I'm sure some will find it useful at $89. It's just that I don't want to buy a lot of specialized gears. My simple rig can be expanded easily to support a system like editman's. He got it. Bring the center of weight closer to eyes. That eliminates adding balance weights.
  • There is a V1/2/3 - the FF rods will come with the other versions. I really like your set up Stonebat but Berkey is still too expensive for what it is ( like most gear ).
  • >There is a V1/2/3 - the FF rods will come with the other versions

WHow do you know?
    They said that V2/V3 are not ready in any form and won't be present at exhibition, btw.
  • @last_SHIFT it depends. a good rig can serve many camera bodies over long periods. i plan to use mine for many years. all parts r lifetime guaranteed. i could buy a set of specialized gears like a hand rig, a shoulder rig, a cage rig. what if they don't fit into new camera body? more specialized gears? don't get me wrong. i love cheap gears. i love cheap legacy lenses. i love cheap FF gear. but having many specialized rigs would force me carry more stuffs. if i carry more rig parts than any other gadgets, something must be wrong. so i decided to get high quality & versatile rig. prolly i spent around $900. all my lenses combined worth less than $1200. haha.

whatever works for u. im just sharing my opinion. YMMV.
  • > How do you know?

Yes, both v2 and v3 will be based on a rod system. Both will also come with follow focus (though who knows what kind of quality), shoulder pad, & waist belt. The belt has a pocket that allows a rod from the rig to be placed in for added support.

The main difference between the v2 and v3 is that the v3 will come with TWO handles, a top handle, and some additional accessories (like an Israeli arm). V3 will even come with a bracket that may be able to be used with as a shoulder pad offset.

I'm mostly curious what price points these units will be sold at considering the price of v1, as long as quality is decent, they may be a good starter option for those on limited budgets.
  • @Jive

Is this info from manufacturer?