Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Particle Image velocimetry (PIV)
  • I would like to try use my GH2 for particle image velocimetry and was wondering if any patches discussed here would have significant advantages over stock 720p 60 fps mode

PIV is a technique whereby fluid motion is measured by illuminating a plane with a laser light sheet and measuring the motion of particles illuminated in the plane from one frame to the next via frame to frame correlation processing on subregions of pixels (for example 16 by 16 or 32 by 32 ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_image_velocimetry

I need to use the 720p 60 fps mode as the 30 fps modes will allow too much motion between frames. The processing will be done on a frame by frame basis so the least interpolation possible in the video compression is desirable. Stability is also important as the clips will need to be ~ 15 minutes long to achieve adequate statistics of flow properties

Do any of the knowledgeable people here have any reccomendations on settings or a patch that I should try for this. Thanks,

-Peter

• 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions