Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
About forums
  • Thread Title: Nails for Stiletto TB15?

Hammeruser: I’ve saved up for months and just got my Stiletto TB15SS titanium hammer. At $220 they’re pricey but with the replaceable stainless steel face, ultra light weight handle, and excellent balance I can see myself using this for many years. I’ve had it 3 days now and it’s just wonderful. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good framing nail to use with this hammer?

Hammergeek: You say it’s wonderful but I don’t see any photos of nails you’ve driven. I think it’s just overpriced crap.

Hammerfiend: You know, Ken Rockbuster said the Stiletto is really overpriced and he wouldn’t have one. For $14 you can get a Tekton rubber mallet set. It’s not any good for driving nails, but it is great for body work on your car. That’s what Ken recommends.

MC: If you really were a professional, you’d be using a Graintex SH 1660 sledgehammer. It’s got a 36 inch handle and 20 lb head and can tear through walls in a heartbeat. Your Stiletto can’t touch this.

Hammeruser: I do framing work and carpentry, so tearing through walls really doesn’t apply to my work.

M.C.: That’s because you have absolutely no skills. A good hammer user can drive nails with a 20 pound sledghammer with no problem. You’re one of those rich doctors, aren’t you, that thinks upgrading your hammer is going to make you a better carpenter?

Continue at: http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/03/hammerforum-com

Good read. Including comments.

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • LOL...now that's a universal post. Kinda sums it all up for me.

• Dammit, how I wished there would exist Smegma Nails xD (Yes! I googled them!)

• When I was boxing amateur at 142 lbs I used to take a sledgehammer similar to the one above and beat an old tire with it 500 times a day...

• This is why I keep a big 'ol salt lick handy to munch on while I read forums. A grain of salt just don't cut it anymore.

• @B3Guy

Btw, it also means that technical and social solutions used on forums work quite badly.

• Rats... so are we now saying that the GH2 is like the hammers in this forum you quoted? I believed that, and now my GH2 has little dents in it from where I've been hitting the nails in.

• When you're a hammer, the whole world is a nail. When you're a GH2, the whole world is a bush for testing the latest patch.

• Too true :-) And maybe, when you're a nail the whole world is a hammer, and when you're a bush, people keep stalking you with cameras!

• @VK "Btw, it also means that technical and social solutions used on forums work quite badly"

The largest issue shown up in this parody is people are comparing apples and oranges. There is always a hammer for a job, but maybe they are not the 'same' hammer.

VK,.. maybe add a line to the 'post reply' button, (like a warning): Please make sure that your post relates to the topic, and is NOT counter productive. (Or just delete).

• Please make sure that your post relates to the topic, and is NOT counter productive.

It is very bad idea, from interface designer POV.

• Well not 'part' of the button, but in a pop up... You get the idea... But we have to fix this 'd...k measurment'.

• @alcomposer

Believe me, I know forums who has similar features. Non of this things work in positive way, just irritate everyone.

• Sometimes off-topic remarks / humour can create the best ideas. You can't "police" that or you kill off any creativity - besides, who is judging the comments? If someone posts something that seriously pisses off the community they will soon know about it.

• LOL. Awesome.

• So do people think @VK nailed thise one?

• The comments are the thing…not just the play in this forum, but in so many. Amazing that around the world we can all agree on such an obviously silly thing. There is hope

• Looking for more Parody VK... :-) Parody is one of the best tools to use for getting people to SEE reality. ...and sometimes it hurts.

The funniest thing is identifying which forum name your are .... are yu the HammerGeek, Fiend, JustGotMine or the EuroNailer?? ...haha

• I think that any self respecting professionals should after all consider of having at least two of the Diesel Motor Hammer Crushers too.

http://cczgyangsongjiao.en.made-in-china.com/product/MolnRtbDsqUT/China-Diesel-Motor-Hammer-Crusher.html

I mean you cant have too much power can you?