Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
LOOKING FOR THE MOST STABLE PATCH FOR GH2 That Has the best quality i have Quantum X (v4 Orion) CBR
  • Im looking for the most stable patch i have Quantum X (v4 Orion) CBR - Constant bitrate

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • Orion v4b is the best ,.. But we have the extreme one the Sedna aaq1 try it

• What's the difference between aq1 and aaq1?

• Best is subjective. You'll have to do tests to see which one YOU like the most; or, use different patches for different setups, just like in the old days with different stocks of film. Try the new Mysteron patch.

• Hi

I am using Driftwood Quantum X Rocket V3B, I find the image quality really stunning. (Better than Motion Flow that I used before) However I had several card errors (on 16 Go Sandisk Extreme Class 10 - 30 Mo/sec) and no error on Extreme Pro 95 Mo/sec.

2 questions : - If you have tried both, Do you think Orion is more reliable than Rocket ? - is 45 Mo/sec minimum transert speed for Quantum X Series ? (sorry if my Question is not posted in the most relevant topic)

• I second that the Orion v4b is the highest most stable I have had

• But all these patches have been developed with finding the best resolution for 24p in mind. What about HBR or 25p? So far HBR on these patches has been noisy/grainy, sometimes it's not sharp, unlike 24p, and most times, it crashes (tried one or two on a few commercial jobs, almost died when the cam died, and i missed recording crucial moments).

• All, try the last patch Driftwood put out: Mysteron: http://personal-view.com/talks/uploads/FileUpload/01/b1b0f23f047278782ffee6b6c3a327.zip

All modes are superb and no errors (no spanning with 24p on 30 Mbs cards though since it had such a high bitrate), and finer grain in shadows and noise. Just try it and read what everyone is talking about. Salud

• @lunalobo75 Does it work fine for european using HBR mode ?

• try mysteron over orion v4b,...

• mysteron or Sanity 4.1

• I think I'll try Mysteron... thanks

• I've been using Driftwood Rocket in the field for a couple of weeks. One hang every 50 shoots or so in 1080p25. Problems with 720p50, probably due to slow SD cards.

Two weeks trying Sena B. Basically no hangs on 1080p25 neither on 720p50 with Sandisk 32GB/#)MB.

Now I'm trying Mysteron since a couple of days. not a single problem so far on 720p50. Haven't tried yet on 1080p25 but i think will work Ok.

Haven't tried nothing to try to span. No need here.

• Depend on what mode you shoot. Between the driftwood settings: the Sedna´s are the best for 25p and 50p. Mysteron resolve issues with 60i and 60p. For 24p don´t know..

• Thanks Kihlian I also read that Sedna may grade better. I'ts really hard to decide with so many patches, so many updates and versions :) we are lucky but lost in choices. I'm looking for the best of both worlds : stunning image quality AND stability.

• after this whole long time what would u say would be the best settings

• You do realize that stability and quality are competing goals, don't you? Your question is like asking for the fastest, cheapest car. Encoder settings can't be the most stable and the highest quality at the same time. There is no 'best'. It depends entirely on what you need.

• yea i know lighting I have a canon camera im really just talking about the hacks really. I know how to light for my canon im still testing the gh2 just taught id ask you guys what you guy think. theres so many version getting released. Im using v6 now since its the latest I turn the GOP on the most compressed setting i think it was 36 to start a new round of tests. and for some reason im liking it. ive tried GOP 3 and wasnt liking it earlyer. im retesting all the settings.