Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Capitalism: Freedom of speech vanished
  • Second, we will ban the Kremlin’s media machine in the EU.

The state-owned Russia Today and Sputnik, and their subsidiaries, will no longer be able to spread their lies to justify Putin’s war.

We are developing tools to ban their toxic and harmful disinformation in Europe.

Finally all capitalists lowered their masks.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • In a decision that could have a significant impact on how companies like YouTube moderate their platforms, the European Union announced it plans to ban Russian state media organizations.

I think it is for good.

• The problem is, who defines the term misinformation? If you limit the arguments from one side of an issue then you are limiting free speech and open discourse in what I would argue is a dangerous way. Somewhere within a healthy debate is the truth, but if you only have one side of that argument then the truth becomes easily manipulated.

In the US, I find it the height of irony that those on the left who, back in the 1960s, fought for free speech, freedom of expression and to question authority are now the very people who are limiting that same free speech and freedom of expression in dramatic and draconian ways. If you question authority now you do it at your own peril! It's just unbelievable.

• People in the NATO-member state of Czechia have been warned that they could face up to three years in prison if they express support for Russia on social media.

This guys wanted freedom of speech.