Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
22 June 1941

• On the werge of new global war it is important to remember history.
    Yes, history that had been turned to myths and lies in education and media of almost all European countries already.
    Consequences of such things will come.

It is important to remember ones who did not anything to help, despite obligations to do so, in 1939.
    Same guys now bomb peaciful people in different countries calling this "fighting for democracy".
    And it is even more important to remember ones who protected their country and did not allow 'democracy" to wipe out all humankind.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • That's right.
  • Do you seriously believe Stalin was a better option ? Than Hitler or Bush or Obama ?
    I am not a big fan of either. But in terms of destruction, it would rank Hitler > Stalin > Bush > Obama
  • @zcream

Interesting thing is that more than 2/3 of our population think that he is better than their current leaders.
    And most will provide quite logical reasons, instead of idealogic stamps that you can.
    I also suggest you to read something from his works in English, could be quite enlightening, especially considering current moment in history.

About comparing Stalin with Hitler.
    Writing that you wrote in such topic is like making pile of shit and starting eating it in public.
    It is just disgusting.

About your list. Only thing common between Hitler and Stalin is that they had been leaders.
    Obama and Bush are just useless puppies with no ideas and power to make them real.
  • The purges were not true ? NKVD ? gulags ?
    The occupation of many countries in East Europe after the war.
    The forced famine of Ukraine ?

Its also remarkable how you define the word - leader. Bush and Obama have at least some restraint in what they they can get away with. Bush invaded 2 countries, Obama continued the invasions and added another. Instead of allowing our lives to be ruled by ruthless "leaders", perhaps its better to keep puppets who cannot cause too much damage.

How many countries did Stalin invade ?
  • @zcream
    Its also remarkable how you define the word - leader. Bush and Obama have at least some restraint in what they they can get away with. Bush invaded 2 countries, Obama continued the invasions and added another. Instead of allowing our lives to be ruled by ruthless "leaders", perhaps its better to keep puppets who cannot cause too much damage.

This is just hilarious. :-)

But soon it won't be so funny, and US citizens understand how it feels being abandoned by puppies.
    Bad thing that it looks like it is too late to change anything.

The purges were not true ? NKVD ? gulags ? The occupation of many countries in East Europe after the war.
    The forced famine of Ukraine ?

Anything left from this bullshit list?
    Especially famous Gebbels thing - forced famine of Ukraine (his other favourite is Katyin, you must have forgotten it).
    Get some good books, some free time.
    And start reading. You'll soon stop talking with such vivid propaganda terms.
    This is target of this site, and my topics.
    Not to talk on such extremely low level.
    It is just useless.
  • I would like some clarification. I, at first, just took you calling the hacks Lenin & Stalin as jokes. More subversively than real admiration for said individuals.

So what is your take on them, and what do you suggest we read?
  • >just took you calling the hacks Lenin & Stalin as jokes

I made it clear from the start that it is not jokes.

>So what is your take on them

My understanding of them is pretty common amongs Russian people who dig slightly deeper.
    They are great leaders who changed world history.
    Each of them made big amount of errors, sadly not the same as western propaganda tells you. :-)

>and what do you suggest we read

Any history books. Just select different views. And concentrate on one topic.
    And to understand whole pallette you'll need to read bunch of Russian books, as alternative views and most actual documents are almost eliminated in newest history literature in english language (may be I don't know all things in detail about very small circulation books here, but for me it seems so).
  • @CRFilms read Pravda's Guide to Soviet history - Editions 1 through 10
  • В. Абаринов, Катынский лабиринт, 1991
    Ю. Мухин, Катынский детектив, Москва, 1995
    Владислав Швед, Тайна Катыни, Москва 2007