Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
gh2: make the camera write in avi
  • is it possible to make the gh2 to write in avi ? any hack?

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • No.
    You don't need AVI, as this is old and outdated container.

• @shihab

What would be the point in wasting time and energy just to change a wrapper? Something that can simply be done by demuxing in post...

• THANX, before buying my gh2 i was reading all you posts everyday and you really make it a werewolf. can you tell me what is the best way to convert the mts file for any editing software like adobe premier pro or corel video studio. thanx again fr your quick and helpful reply. @vitality_kiselev

the MTS format is giving me so pain that i cant edit it on raw mode/ with out converting them into avi. and this converting process takes a lot of time. finding a process that can speed up my post... thanx for replying @macalincag

• Try rewrapping it to .mov or .mp4. Just google to find a suitable program for your operating system. If that doesn't work, try to convert your footage to ProRes or DNxHD. Depends on what you're editing with.

• @shihab: Recent versions of Adobe Premiere Pro should be able to use .mts files natively. No need to convert, rewrap, or transcode. If you can't import them, then you're doing something wrong.

Sony Vegas (pro as well as consumer versions) can also use .mts files natively. Final Cut Pro requires conversion. I have no idea bout Corel Videl Studio...

• thanx everyone for ur replies. @keithlommel as my pc dont hav so much high config for now. so i cant upgrade to cs5.5 corel supports mts but it gets crashed and hang every now and then with mts files.

@vitality_kiselev if i convert the mts file, dont it lose the quality? and which extension like (.mov .mp4) is best to convert, i mean dat dont lose any quality or lose lowest. sorry for my little knowledge but i am trying learn more and more everyday.

• @shihab Can your system edit stock GH2 firmware footage (footage you film with Panasonic factory settings, not hacked)? If you can't there's no point using the patches on this site as you will lose quality converting to lower bitrate. You're better off working on your skills with the camera's basic settings until you can upgrade your system.

• Corel VideoStudio work with .MTS, is the program I used to edit my videos because it is the only one who supports my Windows Vista 32bit, but the renderization sometimes low the quality of the videos even when using the highest quality.