Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Dream World

• Free running with the Panasonic GH2 – Frank Sauer shoots the fast moving sport using autofocus

Short documentary Dream World is about Jason Paul, a free runner who tries to find new ways in his daily life to fulfil his inner needs. On his journey to London he discovers that friendship and companionship are essential values in life.

Jason Paul is an outstanding free running athlete and a good friend of mine. When he asked me to join him at the Red Bull Art of Motion event in London I was more than willing to break out of my daily routine as an animator and director. Free running is still a very young sport. An event like the Red Bull Art of Motion gives athletes from all over the world the possibility to meet, train and communicate in real life, instead of checking each other’s videos on Facebook.

On this particular trip my personal dream was to have a great time with all the athletes, while having the possibility to shoot my short documentary. From the beginning on I wanted to make a film about free running that is not based on difficult tricks or risky jumps, but on interesting characters and the philosophy that comes with it. We started our journey in Frankfurt, Germany, where we went to isolated run-down houses as well as crowded pedestrian areas. I myself had to climb quite a few times to get the shots I wanted or just to follow the guys on their run. I tend to let things happen or just let people do their thing, hoping to discover something within the moment.

All the equipment – including the light weight Panasonic GH2, GoPro HD, Panasonic 20mm, Panasonic 14-140mm, Panasonic 7-14mm, Zoom H4n, Rode VideoMic Pro, Joby Gorillapod and a small rig – fitted in one backpack and made it possible to follow the guys.

Read the rest at http://www.dslrnewsshooter.com/2011/06/20/free-running-with-the-panasonic-gh2-frank-sauer-shoots-the-fast-moving-sport-using-autofocus/
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Just Awesome. Thanks for posting.
  • Yeah...Times are changing.
  • I just get a "sorry, this video will be available for viewing shortly".
  • wow. beautifully shot.
    and it revealed the real artistry--which moved me to tears!