Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Youth Nationals Bouldering Competition. No Adverse Affects.
  • I had the chance to shoot video at the Youth Nationals Bouldering Competition this past weekend. My son was competing at Nationals for his first time. They were so many incredible climbers there. These are just a few of them.

I had to shoot with 100% reliable settings that still gave me good quality and reasonable bit rates so I choose the no adverse affects settings. There are no retakes in a live event like this. If you miss one shot you might have missed the climber all together.

Most of the shots in the video were taken in the 720p @ 60 FPS video and stills mode. I took pictures and videos simultaneously.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Always like your videos

• Wow, never knew, some really unbelievable athletes. The iPad sign was funny.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Thanks. I think they are fun to watch and not really like anything else you see.

@Bueller

Yea, I just couldn't resist capturing that moment when I saw the Grandmother filming with the iPad. Believe it or not the iPad is by far the most popular recording device at these competitions. I still think the GH2 would be the better choice.

For comparison here are some other videos shot "poorly" with other cameras at the same event.

D5100

SD camera

Unknown camera but this one looks pretty good.