Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF2 electronic viewfinder
  • Now that, with the ptool 364d, the GF2 has become the second hand to the GH2,here comes the need for a more stable handheld shooting.As it stands,you can't shoot stable(video) using the LCD monitor.Especially if there is sunshine you neither can frame your subject nor focus easily...

So any ideas would be welcome(EVF only,no tripods,monopods,rigs etc.,these are another topic).For example has anyone tried the (expensive) Lumix LVF-1?Is it worth the money?Or alternatevily if there is something like Zacuto's z-finder that can be attached on the back of the GF2.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • You can get some LCD Loupe and small, very light rig.

• Too bad the GF2 LCD has heavy anti glare coating. The GF1 LCD was crystal clear, and would suit a loupe better. I had LVF-1 for a short time for the GF1. It is low res. Not suitable for focus. But good enough for framing when you trust the focus. What's handy is that you can point the LVF up, and then look down while shooting. This way you can get low shots, and also grip your camera tightly with both hands to stabilize. Is it worth the money? Barely. I remember that the EVF had a strange flicker of the primary colors if you move your eyes. Must have something to do with the specific LCD technology.

• Thanks guys.I expected more answers as the GF2 has become a very valuable little beast(at a very low cost...).All this thanks to master VK and Driftwood so far(concerning the 1.1FW).As i said before it misses the good/stable grip(i shoot video with the GH2 using 95% the EVF and 5% the LCD).Anyway i'll go for an LCD loupe(as VK suggested) and i'll post the feedback(i'm looking the LCDVF from Estonia).

• As I said, get good luope and $60 small rig (look at ebay)

• videohp,quite a brilliant solution...but still i'm looking for a three-point grip(two hands+face) as far as the HANDHELD video shooting goes.No small rig,i already own one.

• A few days ago i received my LCDVF made by Kinotehnik.A good overall loupe let down dramatically by the absence of a diopter...So if you wear any kind of perscription glasses and you can't test it first,DON'T buy this product.And don't be so sure about their (FAQ)statement that "its SafeOptics placement makes it easy to use for "-2" to "+1" prescription".Furthermore their answer to my mail about any ideas/sollutions for that matter was:"The electronic viewfinder is coming out in near future"!(what a reply...).Of a cost of 750€(!?),as i read in another post,while the LCDVF goes for 89€,not to mention the cost of the GF2 itself and many other DSLRs(GH2,etc).Come on guys,make your product(LCDVF) BETTER first!