Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Kazuo Hirai leaving Sony board, big changes are expected this year
  • "Since passing the baton of CEO to Yoshida-san last April, as Chairman of Sony, I have had the opportunity to both ensure a smooth transition and provide support to Sony's management. I am confident that everyone at Sony is fully aligned under Yoshida-san's strong leadership, and are ready to build an even brighter future for Sony. As such, I have decided to depart from Sony, which has been a part of my life for the past 35 years. I would like to extend my warmest gratitude to all our employees and stakeholders who have supported me throughout this journey."

Rumors are that we can see two major things.

As head of imaging division now leads mobile division axing the former can be used to get rid of him.

After this we can see big reforms in imaging division, as top management is not happy with mobile sensors performance and instead prioritizing constantly small segment of mirrorless cameras. Samsung is eating Sony pie quite fast, as due to private cartel agreement they gained most knowledge from Sony.

Even bigger surprise can be move of Samsung to FF mirrorless niche in 2020 to prove that their sensors are better, kind of special exhibition.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • First changes at

https://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/21472/sony-can-leave-smartphones-market-sensors-prices-hike-will-follow/p1

It won't be anymore independent camera and smartphones divisions and all will be merged into consumer electronics (where it is also complete disaster). We need to see that will be destiny of good Sony managers from camera division as we can see internal conflict that can result in full devise of all Sony mirrorless lineup also.