Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Canon G1 X topic

The PowerShot G1 X supports Full HD (1080p) movie capture instantly at 24fps, via a dedicated movie button. Taking advantage of the camera's large CMOS sensor, users can experience high quality movies, even in low light conditions, with the shallow depth of field associated with a larger sensor. Additionally, the 4x optical zoom can be used whilst filming, offering versatility, while stereo sound is also captured.

The bright, high-resolution, 920k dot LCD provides a sharp, detailed platform for image framing and review, while an optical viewfinder (OVF) with dioptre adjuster gives photographers the option to shoot according to their individual style. A newly-integrated manual pop-up flash provides the option to add additional light to a scene, and, using the hotshoe, external Canon Speedlite flashes can also be used.

HDR mode and ND filter

• Sensor size - Four Thirds (18.7 x 14 mm) :-)
    • Effective pixels - 14.3 megapixels
    • Image ratio - 1:1, 5:4, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9
    • Video - 1920 x 1080 (24 fps), 1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)
    • Weight (inc. batteries) - 390 g (0.86 lb / 13.76 oz)

Meterials and links:

canon_g1x.jpg
    597 x 509 - 45K
    canon_g1x1.jpg
    800 x 577 - 67K
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • I really like this camera. And I think such approach also must be present.

• Has it autofocus in video mode? I could not find it in dpreview's description. Missing autofocus in video mode was a knock-out criterion for the G12.

• Movies include stereo sound, and both optical zoom and continuous autofocus are available during movie capture

• nothing for me.. but ND filter is something i would like to see in GH3 and 5DmIII

• Thanks, Vitaliy. I did not see it although I was looking for it. Shame on me :-(

• Like it. Too bad it has no mic input. Would have been killer. 4355 KB/s H.264 1080P24 with Linear PCM Audio. So 34 Mb/s with uncompressed audio. Should not look too shabby. Don't know if full manual is possible in video.

• It sure is a nice concept, but it's big! Think the pic quality will be very good!