Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Light meters - Recommendations/What do you use?
  • Hi all. I'm considering to buy a light meter, but as I have only tried the Sekonic 758 and were looking at buying it, but it is kinda expensive. Just wondering what other people use and if they have and advice? Maybe some older versions that does the same?

I'd like to have both incident and spot meter, but didn't feel like buying the top-product if something lower would suffice.

Thanks for any help :)

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • I believe there are topics about this. Anyway, it will be difficult to buy something that is both incident and spot that will cost less than the 758. You might look into getting separate meters (which might bring you to about the same price).

For incident meters, Sekonic makes one that specifically targeted at DSLR filmmaking, but it's a bit pricey ($250-ish). You could do just as well with some used digital light meters on EBAY that have a cine-mode such as a Gossen Luna Pro, which is what I have (and got a good deal on).

I would start with just an incident meter--many cinematographers only ever use an incident meter.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions