Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How monopolies will use privacy as weapon
  • “I think that this certain situation is so dire and has become so large that probably some well-crafted regulation is necessary,” he said. “The ability of anyone to know what you’ve been browsing about for years, who your contacts are, who their contacts are, things you like and dislike and every intimate detail of your life — from my own point of view, it shouldn’t exist.” Cook didn’t specify what he wants to see in any potential legislation, but he made it a point to underline that lawmakers should take care in creating it.

Tim Cook

Actually Tim just told you about weapon of eliminating small and sometimes even middle sized sites and companies. As requirements this guys want to implement will be quite pointless (check EU) but significantly increase expenses and introduce big legal risks. For big guys it is nothing, but it is nice way to eliminate many small ones.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Here is EU going ahead:

GDPR is a regulation that requires businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of EU citizens for transactions that occur within EU member states. And non-compliance could cost companies dearly.

https://www.csoonline.com/article/3202771/data-protection/general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr-requirements-deadlines-and-facts.html

https://www.eugdpr.org/controversial-topics.html

• I would invite anyone to actually read the directive which has undergone years of discussion and stake-holder input to actually draft policy. And why was this considered so important? To quote VK's own source: "Why does the GDPR exist? The short answer to that question is public concern over privacy." The part that VK was too lazy to research and mention, is that the cost of implementing the rules will not be a "one for all" approach, nor will it become law all at once. The rules will become part of any company's cost of doing business, just like the 2-year product warranty that we in the EU enjoy. That rule too was initially discouraged by corporatist naysayers as "ruinous for business!"

[removed personal part, VK]

• @sherwood

See you lately like to comment on blog posts. :-)

I invite to start to think with your own head. And read that people write. And especially if you do not yet understand how system works.

• Lol @sherwood. You sound angry. I understand your point of view, Vitaly don't like to put links and he autogenerate its own media content. Just like cnn and fox news he control the kind of information and directs it's flow from his point of view.

If I was Vitaliy I would do the same. It's better to control than make them do the work for the better of the forum.... Hmm no thanks control is better

• About monopolies and privacy as a weapon I think is not bad if you don't feel bad about what you are and see on the Internet.

I'm fact i Don give a fuck about privacy cos we've been under scrutinies and control over 20 years of Internet. Its the model of it. All is virtual non is real. REAL is the data you have on your brain. This fraction of reality we live in... The reality dissolves More and more each year between your real life and the digital one. Life is getting fragmented and At the same timei more integrated thanks to technology. sounds crazy but is indeed what it is.

I feel each day the human condition become more like animal and cattle, non important, but at the same time people are getting more consistent on the knowledge and data, that at the end it is what now matters, it's what costs. DATA.

• Facebook has been collecting call records and SMS data from Android devices for years. Several Twitter users have reported finding months or years of call history data in their downloadable Facebook data file.

And, of course EU government did not know about it. LOL.