Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Asylum: Apple wants to join Lenovo
  • Illustrations of new Apple patent of touch keyboard

To make it thinner they will do it, believe me.

sa2283.jpg
    714 x 549 - 52K
    sa2284.jpg
    728 x 386 - 48K
    sa2285.jpg
    733 x 582 - 61K
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Actual picture

sa2262.jpg
    555 x 505 - 57K
  • I was on a team at a former job and one of our roles was to keep on top of emerging technology - at the time, Acer made a laptop with two screens (Iconia something or other) - one could either use the second screen as a screen or use an on-screen keyboard.

Windows 7 had shit support for touch screen keyboards so that was a problem, but the bigger problem was exactly the one you'd expect - touch typing is basically impossible. Ergonomics are garbage. It's odd that Apple would get a patent for this since I'm sure that the Acer laptop wasn't the only form of prior art.

The touch bar was already an abomination - if they do this, I hope they are ready to start shedding customers even faster.

• The touch bar was already an abomination - if they do this, I hope they are ready to start shedding customers even faster.

I think they do not care. All reviewers and press are feeding from their table, so they will pries everything, even tell you that putting finger in mouse trap is pleasant experience.

• It's like the Lenovo Yoga Book!

I actually really like using my Yoga Book. Perfect for web browsing, Netflix, and sketching/note taking. I even used it to review and backup footage on a few shoots. My only complaint is the processing power. If they could make a v.2 with a faster CPU, more RAM, and better I/O, I would most likely buy it again.