Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Olympus lens not recognized by a hacked GF1
  • So last night I was in the shop to buy an Olympus micro 43 lens 14-42, when mounted on the hacked GF1 the camera doesn't recognized it and won't display any images. The LCD though showed the message 'check the lens status'. So is this known problem for hacked Panasonic that any other m43 lense will not work on the body? How can i fixed this? I'm stucked using the 20mm lens. (I used the lpowell hack btw.)

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Change the camera to "shoot without lens" in menu 5 of custom settings
  • i'll try that.
  • btw. does it mean that after the hack all m43 lenses (also 3rd party, non-m43 lenses) will become unrecognizable? and that to enable these lenses to work on hacked Panasonic m43 camera i have to set the 'shoot without lens' option?
  • Not all Oylmpus lenses are fully compatible with Panasonics cameras. The hack should not cause any issues with Lumix lenses. check out this chart for campatability http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/connect/g1.html
  • Make sure the lens has the latest firmware. You may have to borrow an Olympus body if you have to update.