Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Some new thoughts
  • The national budget must be balanced.
    The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled.
    Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt.
    People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.

Cicero, 55 BC

Yep. :-)
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Agree, with at least this proviso:

“A Nation’s Greatness is Measured By How It Treats Its Weakest Members.”

-Mahatma Gandhi

Yep. ;-)
  • Good, but I'm not convinced that the number of viable jobs matches the number of workers. Automation, outsourcing, software, all the usual suspects.
  • Where i live people are willing to work.

But i think it's fair to compare our current society with ancient Rome. There's moral degradation in the same sense and a decaying structure about to fall.
  • “A Nation’s Greatness is Measured By How It Treats Its Weakest Members.”

-Mahatma Gandhi

)))))))))))))))))))

You can see how this sentiment is headed in the wrong direction, even in this forum wherein the poor and unfortunate are labelled as "lazy" and "Parasitic" and other such cliches of the uninformed.
  • National budgets relies to greater extents on the world.. and like the laws of gravity, there will be balance.

Some will work against balance, some will try to work with the flow.
    It will all unravel somehow.

Let's see the leading economies try to maintain status quo.

And the times ahead.
  • @brianluce

How about not going the way you are going? :-)
  • @Vitaliy
    Yes, sorry, not trying to bait, but the larger point I fumble with is that the developed world has become polarized to the point where it's only vaguely functional. There's not much spirit of unity or sense of team. It's "Us" and "Them" under one roof and that won't work.
  • It is ok.
    Because we are not far from huge global war.
  • Come on, the writing is on the wall, Occupy What? the World. Until the people wake up the stories will continue to be the same. Why is Sarkosy getting so close to Merkel? He can see the writing, so if we do not want a war we the people had better get our heads out of our.... and begin to march. San Francisco, liberal or half asleep.... I am here and other than a few, it is asleep. The 3:11PM comment is right.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Your statement is very vague. But it is likely true although I would say it's more likely that their will be a huge global catastrophe (which needn't necessarily be a war). The world has been playing with fire ever since the proliferation of nuclear weaponry. As Robert McNamara says, the indefinite combination of human fallibility and WMD, etc., will lead to bad things.

@brianluce The basic point I'm making is that the position into which a person is born in this world has very deep and pervasive impacts on their life prospects (it doesn't completely determine their prospects, but it plays a very large role); a just and decent society (and world) will take this into account in structuring its social, economic, and political rules.