Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Worth a watch. St. Trinian's
  • This movie is known in UK (thanks to very old francise), and almost unknown in US and other countries.

Fast, funny, just enough mess to keep style. And good music.

Trailer is not so good really:

P.S. Do not even try to look at sequel.
  • 16 Replies sorted by
  • It had some funny moments, but I thought it was pretty tragic :).
  • >It had some funny moments, but I thought it was pretty tragic :).

Something with humor? :-) If this is tragic I think most other films must be about total genocide :-)
  • There's a gap in the market for a comedy-genocide genre
  • >Something with humor? :-) If this is tragic I think most other films must be about total genocide :-)
    Most other films are indeed total genocide:) hehe. I don't know, it just seemed total cliche, trying to copy Hollywood receipe etc. it just didn't appeal to my humour(even though I'm half-Brit) and there is sth about this specific teen-comedy genre that I'm particularly allergic to:), the only recent "teen-comedy" that comes to mind that was enjoyable was School of Rock with Jack Black. St. Trinians was a fairly decent production though. From other recent brit comedies "Attack the Block" was pretty funny. "The TRIP" seems promising. And then if we go back a couple of years, "Hot Fuzz" and "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" were winners. all this is just my opinion.
    peace
  • School of Rock - yes!! Hot Fuzz - Yurp!! Both fab.
  • This film is hated in the UK.
  • D'you mean St Trinians?
  • Yes. Not the original though. The new St Trinians.
  • My daughters sort-of liked the new one, but I agree it's very different from the old ones. It's a sort of quirky and lazy view of Britain - but then it's not aimed at people like me I guess! Wheras Hot Fuzz is mad, but in many ways very very funny and sharp.
  • It is a fun exciting film.
  • The original is well known old film series.
  • >This film is despised in the UK

Not this film, but sequel.
    And St. Trinians never get any real money worldwide (may be in Russia only, but here it is very well regarded, I think because it's school system is close to one shown in St. Trinians :-) )
    In US it never run (only some test run as I remember).

As for originals - they had been absolutely different.
  • >(may be in Russia only, but here it is very well regarded, I think because it's school system is close to one shown in St. Trinians :-) )
    man, that made me laugh so hard. :):):) though I am certain that education here in Greece leaves everyone else behind by a mile:) but don't get me started.
    I still think the film is despicable though and I said why, so I'll shut up now. To each his own.
  • >though I am certain that education here in Greece leaves everyone else behind by a mile

Do not know about Greece, but systems based on UK are complete shit.
    Worse, they want to export them in every country they can.
  • is that an over 2 minutes trailer for an under 5 minutes film?
  • >is that an over 2 minutes trailer for an under 5 minutes film?

:-)
    No.
    First clip is just main music theme, not film :-)