Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic Vlog: matching non-Vlog footage
  • I'm working on a project where we shot with three Panasonic cameras: a GH4, a GH2, and a GX7. On the GH2 and GX7, we used the Standard setting, but I decided to try using Vlog on the GH4.

Obviously, my question's about matching the color grades. I can't see to find a set of settings or a LUT that would take my GH4 footage and conform it to the standard Panasonic curves in any consistent way. The LUTs that are closest-- the standard Vlog to v35, Balazar's luts-- have two faults: they're a bit greyish in the low end, and they're actually kind of dim, so I have to adjust the floor and boost the low-to-midranges.

Seems to me that there ought to be a LUT that accurately brings the Vlog footage to something very close to Standard. Any suggestions?

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Did you try the actual GH4 official Panasonic Vlog L LUT?

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/enhance/gh4/

This uses that LUT:

It was shot precisely to test the color palette. I normally shoot in Standard.

• It's still one of the best out there, but it still requires some work-- boosting the midranges, boosting the saturation.

I really ought to find some way of makintg my own LUTs.