Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 CAN work with livestream but MAN what a pain in the A$$
  • For my live show I was trying to go HD with multiple GH2s via the hdmi out - and Livestream calls the GH2 a toy and will not offer any support but I DID get it working after much much much frustration.

Livestream & the GH2 are a complicated beast. It is not an officially supported camera and there are issues with getting the HDMI out to be recongnized by a blackmagic card or blackmagic shuttle. When you finally do get past this hurtle, you can't use the audio because it's either not there or out of sync. After many frustrating combinations I actually got the GH2 working and livestreaming in HD over livestream with multiple cameras.... and audio in sync. I was so frustrated at this point that during one of the tests I picked up one of my puppets and was cursing at the cameras and computer yet this time it was actually working....... until....

WARNING: PG-13 strong angry language from a pissed off wizard.
    I figured you guys would get a laugh out of this.

- Blackout

PS:

That was with no light and the kit lens which is a bad combo cause I'm at 3200 iso.... to see some stunning livestream streaming live HD footage with the GH2 hdmi out look at this:

http://www.livestream.com/blackoutsb...5-9168f973db8e

60i converted to 30p live via livestream's procaster.

Lens: pancake 20mm 1.7

Be sure to full screen it.
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • I would love to hear how you accomplished getting audio from the GH2. You said you were using two cameras, do you mean you were syncing audio from a different camera with the video stream on the GH2?

• dude you always make me laugh. how many times has that damn sleep mode kicked in just as I was getting into the groove.

• I used a ZOOM h4n in audio interface mode with a boom... I could NOT get audio out of the GH2