Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lomo Anamorphic Zoom 35OPF29-1 available for testing in Sydney Australia mid January 2012
  • Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is right place to post this but my friend Jack Smith have a Lomo Anamorphic Zoom 35OPF29-1 available for testing mid January 2012. I am looking for someone who has GH2 and live Sydney Australia to give it a test. This would be a good opportunity to catch up and know other like minded film maker in Sydney. Cheers.
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • That's a cool lens, but it is a zoom with a rear anamorphic adapter. So some of cool "artifacts" wont be there that you see on front anamorphic lenses. Less lens flaring, no oblong bokeh, etc.
  • yup, that's all correct. I'd add that this lens is very lightweight as anamorphic zoom 1,3 kg, perfect for handheld and steadicam work. Squarefront anamorphic, espcially zoom squarefront anamorphic like FOTON is way too heavy and bulky.
  • Yup, I'm sure its a great lens, and I'd love to play with it if I were in AUS. The Foton can't really be compared, since its only really usable above f8 .
  • I've tested this lens on my 5D Mk II today. There are lots of vignette at the corner thus even cropping at 1.33x still left with visible vignette from focal 55mm to 160mm. So I've decided to go for cropping 1.2x ratio. I guess there will be no problem with vignette.
    anamorphic.jpg
    1512 x 1080 - 171K