Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 or Olympus 45mm f/1.8 for video on GH2
  • Hey everyone! I'm thinking of purchasing either the Panasonic 20mm or Olympus 45mm and I'm looking for some advice on which one would best meet my needs. I am mainly looking for a lens that films really well in low light. I use a GH2 with Sanity X on it and I shoot basically everything from landscapes, to tracking shots, to close ups, and anything in between. Please let me know what you guys think is the better choice for me or if you have other lens suggestions! I really appreciate any feedback :D thanks in advance!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • The 45mm is a portrait tele lens, the 20mm a (slightly wide) normal lens. If you need a go-to universal lens, take the 20mm.

• I have the Panasonic 42.5mm f1.7 and it works flawlessly on the GH2. Best OIS panning behavior of any Lumix lens since the Leicasonic 14-50mm f2.8-3.5 zoom.