Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
unable to install Driftwood's 176 Mbps settings on my GH2 using my mac
  • In the "Most Popular Hacks in One Place" forum, when click on Driftwood's 176Mbps hack link I end up with a "seta.ini" file that can't be opened by Winebottler or Wine applications on my mac. I'm dying to try out this latest hack, but how can I install it via my mac onto my GH2? I had no problem installing the 66Mbps hack, but can anyone tell me why the Wine or Winebottler mac applications are not able to load Driftwood's "seta.ini" file??? Thanks very much in advance.
  • 15 Replies sorted by
  • Are you using the latest PTool? You might have to replace the .exe inside your Wine bottle.
  • Yes, I just downloaded it again. WHat should I replace the .exe with? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
  • Sorry to be a bother. But can anyone direct me to a page that shows just how to install this latest hack? I'm completely lost with Winebottler now.
  • Install WineBottler.
    Run PTool.
    After this download patch, save it in nay place, do not unzip.
    Get firmware and load it in PTool (check PTool topic start message how to do it).
    Click on any of the rount buttons, select your patch.
    It'll import.

You can also look at videos that we have in Hacks category for beginners.
  • You also need to make sure xcode/x11 software is installed on your Mac from the original install disks....
  • Yeah - just use the wine part of wine bottler - I have not bothered with trying to "bottle" Ptool as a mac program. You can just double-click the ptool .exe and wine will open it in X11 or X-Quartz (the more up-to-date community updated version of apple's X11) if you have it.
  • Thanks very much everybody. Just one final question. When I click "Save Firmware" what should I name the file before I drop it onto my Sandisk card? Thanks again
  • @ninose
    As I remember naming thing is covered in PTool topic.
  • Thanks very much Vitaliy and everyone else. I think I got the 176 Mbps hack to work.

Up until now I always used the 65 Mbps hack. But it had the usual few corrupt frames at the beginning. Did the 176 Mbps hack fix all that? Because I no longer see corrupt frames even at the beginning. This is amazing if the 176 Mbps is entirely clean from the very first frame. Thanks again everyone.
  • what kind of memory card are you using for this patch?
  • 32GB SanDisk Extreme (32MB/s). No problems at all with it running any hack, even the 176 Mbps.
  • ok, I just did this with my new GH2 bought last week. In your Ptool enter 2 in the increment instead of 1 and save. Hope that helps!
  • Thanks iceshark31. But why enter "2" instead of "1"?

It looks like I'm getting only 132 Mbps after installing the 176 Mbps GOP 1 hack. But that may be because I'm not panning the camera that fast. The reason why I was wondering if I got the hack to work was that I see no corrupt frames at the start. I was under the impression that the usual half second of corrupt frames was unavoidable. But it looks like the 176 Mbps may have solved this minor issue. Is that right???
  • @ninose Since the last two versions of ptools Vitaliy solved it. The Driftwood GOP1 INTRA patches do not have the rogue P frame at the beginning like other patches do - see encoder settings.
  • Winebottler will not open the Driftwood seaquake patch downloaded as setc.ini What am I missing? Whoops, forgot to put it in the same folder. Loaded fine. All is good.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions