Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Monitor, problems
  • Thank you for your efforts, I have contributed and will continue when money is available.
    So... It seems that what we are seeing on the monitor prior to shooting, stills or video, when you review
    what you shot, it seems to be down by 2 to 3 stops. I seemed to have read that this could be the
    result of poor firmware design. If not poor, could the reconstruction of the firmware straighten this problem
    out? nevertheless, thanks
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • >It seems that what we are seeing on the monitor prior to shooting, stills or video, when you review
    what you shot, it seems to be down by 2 to 3 stops

I really do not understant that you mean here.
    GH2 monitor works fine.
  • There is a setting to dim the screen depending how bright it is outside. You can disable it in the menues. Cant tell ya how I have the Japan language version but stumbled on it at some point. I think they did this to help save on batt life.
  • Thanks for the response. As follows, when you start working with exposures in either video or still photos the monitor viewing looks great. Once you take the photo or shoot video, the exposure is completely different. Much
    darker than what you see on the monitor. It seems that there is a disconnect between the programing and the actual final image.
    You are the wizard in cyber space, I am just a film buff with the GH2 product.
  • exilenorth, the monitor automatically adjusts brightness so you can see it properly for framing. For exposure it is better to rely on a histogram, meter, or zebras.