Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Space Engine
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • Impressive rendering, kind of what "No Man's Sky" should have looked like. :-)

But what happened to the soundtrack? - The music sounds distorted by horrible compression artifacts... might of course be Youtube's fault.

• Now that is interesting, such a PITA it is Windows only. I'm thinking of building a windows system just to find out how well it works!

• Some basic greenscreen, and a particle simulator and this makes a sci-fi easy to make.

• As far as I know it is developed mostly by one man.

• I did borrow a windows system in the end. After a few hours of forum searching I made this short clip which roughly suits the script of a short I hope to complete this year:

• I love Space Engine. Also been playing Elite a lot which sometimes can look incredibly beautiful too.

• @andyharris - yeah! Not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea but it's currently my favourite game. I've just been messing with the current beta (2.3) and it has a new camera suite. Serves no gameplay purpose other than sometimes it's nice to take a photo :)