Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Capitalism: Homeownership Rate Lowest Since 1965

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-28/us-homeownership-rate-crashes-lowest-1965

And it is just small start. You can not have rising home ownership if people do not make any actual product.

img985.jpg
    800 x 542 - 46K
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • While capitalism certainly has its drawbacks, it does (through its inherent incentives) provide mankind with all sorts of innovations and breakthroughs that one could argue wouldn't have occurred otherwise in a static market void of incentive and motivation.

• While capitalism certainly has its drawbacks, it does (through its inherent incentives) provide mankind with all sorts of innovations and breakthroughs that one could argue wouldn't have occurred otherwise in a static market void of incentive and motivation.

You really mean it? :-) As same wrong argument is used for like 200 years.

Actually capitalism due his nature killed so much innovators and innovations, and not allowed huge amount of people to even become ones. so it if we will put it all in one place it will be amazingly huge cemetery.

• I'm dead serious. The potential of personal wealth acquisition (financial security) is far greater under a free market model IMHO.

• The potential of personal wealth acquisition (financial security) is far greater under a free market model IMHO.

I think you now moved in different direction.

First, most innovators in capitalism never got any security, at best they sold their invention and worst just went back to sweatshop work fully broke.

Second, you propose that main inventors goal must be increasing personal wealth. This is wrong.

Third, I have issues with term "free market", just use normal "modern capitalism". In this modern capitalism, most benefits of tools made (as stated, not as actual!) for inventors are used by, surprise, biggest corporations. Actually for many inventions even if you have patent you have zero chance in court against corporation as your money will end before their lawyers will even start talking.