Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Came-TV Exoskeleton
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Looks interesting! Having used both styles of support, I much more prefer the exoskeleton approach over an easyrig for a gimbal.

• Laing will also soon have good gimbal attachment for their arm and vest, not skeleton, but more practical for normal everyday use by average guy. I saw prototype, but it is private, can not share.

• too bad can't judge a thing on this video. The only purpose for this exo is to take weight off your arms, so your arms get a break- your arms get to move the gimbal around more easily and for longer periods. Need to test the gimbal without exo vs gimbal with exo. No other way to show if the shot is improved. That plus the subjective assesment of how much easier it is on your body. Probably every shot would look the same without the exo!

I have a steadicam arm and vest that I use sometimes with my gimbal. And there's a lot of setup involved for the arm. Things need to be set so you're bumping the arm when you move around, the springs have to have the correct tension or you bounce all over the place. Especially when running!

How easy is it to set this up and use? Height adjustments, springs on two arms. I would think it's useless if the setup is too involved and lengthy.

Ok, It's just test shots- but the young man needs to run his tests in a way that test the exo, and not the entire rig.

• The gold standard for any of these devices is the ability to get through a doorway without impact. This Exo looks to be too wide for that, but, I like the concept of exos being developed.

• So finally got round to testing the Came-TV Exo-Skeleton. Overall I think the unit can definitely improve running shots whilst using a gimbal.(See the running shot of women at end) I would like to see more detailed instructions on how to tweak the arms to better improve the stability but overall it is a well made bit of kit. Nice bag, clicks together really simply and i think the cups on the end of the arms would accept virtually any gimbal.

If you are looking to improve tracking shots of people running or fast moving objects I think this would make a useful companion with your existing two handled gimbal.

Have a look at the video below which shows some shots of it being used and resulting footage. Footage is raw and not post stabilised.

Shot with GH4 and Canon 24-105 with OIS on.