Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
In Camera Playback - Audio issues with High Bitrate
  • When I play back high bit rate recordings in camera (166/176 mbps), the audio is garbled. When I import the same files into premiere they play fine. Do others experience this?
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Raising the bitrate is known to cause issues with in-camera playback, and in-camera playback only (they read fine elsewhere). At the highest bitrates, the files can't be played back in camera at all.
  • ok cool thanks, good to know it's normal.
    i wanted to test the high bitrates to see how they look - now back to some more pedestrian settings...
  • The playback decoder inside the gh2 can't handle the bitrates, much like somne of the computer media players and of course even Viera TVs can't read the SD card back quick enough. However all NLE's can cope with the stress very easily.
  • I can confirm this. I have a high end HP laptop workstation and a late model Panasonic Viera TV and neither can keep up with the patch bitrates past cbrandin's 66MB version. But after importing them into my editing software all patches I've tried (from 66MB to Quantum) have worked fine.

Is this listed in the FAQ pages? It might be worth noting if it isn't. Because I know the audio issue freaked me out the first time I heard it.

• Quantum50 v1 Should be better on your Viera TV! :-)

• Yep. Just confirmed it. Quantum 50 looks great. Still I'm greedy so I'll probably stick with v9 (or whatever replaces it) for narrative stuff. But the options of 154, 100, or 50 out of this little camera is absolutely astounding.