Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GeoOrbital Wheel
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • rims will be fucked in no time

• @Adam_Mercier

Rims will be perfectly ok if you won't ride at full speed on some edge, as in this case all impact will be on rin area without any real support .

It is cool concept, but for bike normal motor front wheel is cheaper, stronger and you can place battery on frame.

• People usually do stupid things with their bikes :) moron trying to buny hop a 10kg front wheel over a kerb will result in bent rims.

For a normal bike something like that makes more sense IMO, i'm sure the efficiency on road tires is same or better than this thing.

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1865/6743/original.jpg

Plenty of DIY versions of that too.

• The people showcasing this gadget do not look handicapped. They should appreciate the little excercise they get when travelling for free, pedaling without electricity.

And for infirm persons there are plenty of better, well tested solutions on the market for relatively little money.

• They should appreciate the little excercise they get when travelling for free, pedaling without electricity.

I fully agree. Electrical solutions are good if you have long hilly way and it is to work or such. Or if you want travel a lot.

For dense city my choice is Strida.

• I live in a city which is relatively flat and has good bicycle lanes all the way to my workplace. Why should I use any electric drive as long as I'm healthy, use it for exercise and keep pollution down?

• If you have a some health problems or a very hilly ride to work then I could see a use for this sort of thing... otherwise put some muscle into it. Either way better than single drivers in big 4x4's travelling half a mile to mcdonalds. (I'm living in Astana, Kazakhstan at the moment and its flaaat. Nice 4 mile bike ride along side a river to work)