Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 for $795.00 @ B&H with kit lens
  • Guy's just left the B&H Store and got a second GH2 for a low price of $795.00 yes you are reading it right $795.00 click on link below you will see if posted as $999.00 don't worry just add it to your cart and it will magically turn to $795.00 it's magic. It's a new promo take advantage of it guy's take care.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/736365-REG/Panasonic_DMC_GH2K_K_Lumix_DMC_GH2_Digital_Camera.html
  • 37 Replies sorted by
  • That is just ridunkulous.
  • @brianluce I know right I snatch one up quickly drove right to the store in NY... Please help me share it with the rest of the community cause right now that's the best price I've seen yet..
  • I had seen it too and it took me two hrs to decide whether or not buy a third one ;-)
  • @Tommyboy I just went in but since you already have 2 a third is a really hard decision to make.
  • Is this more a statement that the old 14-42 is worth $0?
  • @TrackZillas I like to have a back up and worst case scenario I can always sell the 14-140 lens and just keep the body handy. I love what VK and others made this small camera to be ;-)
  • @Ambergris

It is worth around $100 but I went with 14-140mm.
  • WOW. I'm tempted. I still have my GH1 along with my GH2. The lure of free shipping and no tax to NJ is VERY appealing!
  • @Ambergris Lol.. it's worth nothing 0 dollars great statement.
  • @Tommyboy right about that 3 is definitely better than 2.. we don't know how long those mini Red's will be around.
  • @rockroadpix You should go for it Rockroadpix the GH2 is a beast trust.. not to say the GH1 is not a great cam.
  • Fuck it if I did it, u can do it too. Where is the shopaholic thread again LMAO!
  • Hey bet you're jealous of us in the UK where locally you can get the cheapest GH2 - body only - for equiv of $916 .... Not!! If I lived in the US I'd get 10 of the things!!
  • Yeah, 20, go for Bullet Time !
  • This was the trigger that finally got me to get one.
  • i pay to panasonic in my country U$2000 for my gh2 with the 14-140 on march of this year, fuck fuck fuck

of course the price here will be something like a 1100 with the 14-42, due to taxes ans shipping

but stilll, damn it
  • Time for hacked GH2 3D - who will be the first to try? :)
  • @lolo man $1100 difference that's crazy, but you probably recovered your initial investment from shooting right?
  • @blackout glad your pulling the trigger that little thing called GH2 won't let you down..
  • @TrackZillas nope, i have been unemployed since then jajajjaja

but sadly yes, everyone selling photo equipment here in Chile goes crazy with the prices, a couple of weeks ago i saw the same nd fader (same brand) that i bought on ebay for U$31, and that now is at 25 i believe, at U$160 on a webshop...

• Usually it's good time to get a new model when price capitulates. That's when hack for the model is matured...

Early adapters should not be afraid of price capitulation. That's why they are early adapters. M43 early adapters are super early adapters as the system being still young. I have met only one person carrying m43 body in person... and he didnt look normal. If one can wait 6 ~ 12 months, he can pick up new units at cheap price.
  • @stonebat "I have met only one person carrying m43 body in person... and he didnt look normal."

That right there, is the quote of the week. :)
  • in terms of how much better a gh2 is than a gh1 - would you recommend an amateur spend $800 upgrading to a gh2 or spend 800 on glass?
  • It really depends on what you're shooting. If you like 1080/30p or low light (I do), the GH2 has a big advantage. Some lenses that were too slow to be useful on the GH1 become useful on the GH2. If you always shoot in good light, then the GH1 is fine. The GH2's ETC mode gives all of your lenses an additional 2.6 zoom factor, but it is only really useful in very good light because of the added noise.