Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fig Rig for GH2
  • Below is what I'm after, with those points could you guys let me know whether a fig rig would be ideal, if so, which one would be best.

I'm after a stabiliser, that can be used to steady still shots and also stabilise tracking shots to a reasonable amount (a bit of shake is fine, as long as it is more stable than hand grip). My work will have movement and won't be 100% still - when I try this hand gripped, it comes out too shakey, to the point of looking amateurish.

I'm after something I can carry around with me, so it shouldn't be too big. Steadycams are a little big, and also over stabilise shots, giving really smooth images that I'm not after. Monopods don't seem ideal for the tracking shots. Shoulder rig's were my alternative, but after some research they seem a tad big and too big.

Fig Rig seems nice and relatively compact compared to the others. With the description above, would this be ideal for my needs to use with the GH2?

Much appreciated.
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • In my option they really suck, movement in x axis will be smooth, but you cant control shaking in y axis. Compared to holding the cam to your eye its even amplified. Its also very uncomfy to hold something that far out. I would take a look at edelkrone pocket rigs or DIY solutions.
  • Good points Meierhands. I'm interested in the Edelkrone Pocket Rig - it seems to be what I'm after to match my needs.

Has anyone had any experience with it?