Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
g7 pal with gh4 ntsc
  • I have a GH4 and will be shooting in 4k 24P ntsc. I needed a cam B but could only get a G7 in PAL system that i bought in germany. I can no longer shoot in HD since Pal shoots only in 25P with low bitrates ,however the G7 Pal can shoot MP4 in 4k at 24P with 100mbps Will I have an issue matching them since both cameras shoots in 4k 24P? are we assuming that there are no pal or ntsc differences when mp4 4k 24p is used on both cameras? thanks

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • In short: No difference as far as you use both in 4k 24P mode.

Only difference would be the HDMI out maybe. NTSC mode is giving you 60i as standard on many settings. PAL mode 50i instead. Though the G7 / G70 isn't outputting an image while recording anyway. So not a that important - Btw. always use 4K on both models. The 1080P modes offer WAY less quality - Also on the GH4 (even with the higher bitrates)!

• thanks, tried testing with same lens and settings .but i used 4k uhd on gh4 to get the same aspect ratio as g70.both outputs in 23.97 also.

i see no difference or issues...whew, was worried for a while.

• Good to hear everything works as it should ^^. So have fun shooting =).