Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 recommend buying lenses
  • Hello everyone I have a GH2 with a 14/45 and 14/140 as targets, but they tell me that they are dim. I ask you then what are the best experts very bright targets also other brands and maybe used to be applied to the adapter to 4/3 for gh2, and especially that does not cost a lot but let's say up to 300 Euros, used on Ebay. thank you.

• 17 Replies sorted by
  • Hello. Answer all of these question in detail, only then someone will be able to recommend something to you.

Do you need it for shooting video, photo or both?

One lens or more?

Prime or Zoom lens?

Do you need auto focus and/or OIS?

Focal length, wide-angle, normal or tele?

What do you plan to shoot (events, sports, architecture, backyard flowers, night, day, bla bla)?

• only for video do not interest me pictures

only one lens, now I have a 14/140 and a 14/45 but I would like a handyman goal but very brightZoom

does not interest me no Zoom

the focus is fine manual

the normal focal length

I'm interested to make nature documentaries

thanks friend your help

• Ok, you could look for used old photographic manual lenses most popular are nikon F or canon FD mount, something around 20mm, 24mm, 35mm. But you will need an adapter for them.

A bit more expensive option is for example rokinon 24mm T1.5 cine lens, but you can get them with micro4/3 mount.

PS are you sure that you don't need a zoom lens for nature docs?

• I'm sure you do because nature but with near and not far rather a macro would suit me that it would be more useful to film for example insects.

I might have some link or the exact name of the lens that advice? and maybe even for a 4/3 adapter for example.

thank you

• Well that is an autofocus lens with canon EF mount. It needs an adapter for flange distance and does not have aperture ring since canon bodies control aperture electronically with lenses such as that one. Why don't you get a Lumix 20/1.7 or 25/1.7. You're gonna love those. Bright and light, sharp, cheap and they might be better for beginners, also built for your camera!

• talk about this below?

http://www.ebay.it/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Lumix+20+%2F+1%2C7&_sacat=0

I also think a good price, sorry if I ask questions beginner but they are not very experienced in the field, and I have to figure out how to move.

• if you want manual lens, there are 3 that come to mind:

Voight 0.95 25mm, great look great at portrait and close ups

Sigma 18-35mm 1.8. If you want get it with EF mount. Get a speedbooster and a non-speed adapter to make it more versatile.

Samyang 85mm T 1.5 cine lens. Cheap, bright and sharp.

• thanks for your Chauncy advice, but they are expensive, you do not find anything less expensive? thanks again friend

• Antonio, keep in mind that that 85mm has very narrow field of view on m4/3 and is not in "normal" range you were initially looking for. When it comes to adapters, there are few kinds, focal reducers or plain adapters without glass elements. Both can be with mechanical aperture control, with electronic contacts, or plain and simple ring. Depending what lens you get, there will be an adequate adapter with set of features for that lens. For example, if you buy an all manual mechanical lens with aperture and focus rings, that is not made with mft mount, it will work with plain simple adapter ring. Metabones are the safest choice, focal reducer or normal adapter, they are extremely well built and precise. But they are on the expensive side. There are many cheaper chinese adapters, and most will be ok, but it can be a bit of a gamble sometimes. I have novoflex, voightlander, metabones, fotodiox, fotga, pixco, ikecay, and some no name for different mounts. Metabones is the best hands down. But choose a lens first.

• ok thanks it get, the better choice would be a metabones that works with all lenses right? Thanks again

• I said that in my experience Metabones is manufactured better than others that I have had a chance to use. There is no adapter that works with all lenses. Choose a lens that suits your needs, and then you can pick an adapter that best suits your lens, and your budget.

• thank you very much

• @Antonio No problem, please feel free to ask anything, and good luck :)

• Tokina 16-50mm f2.8 + RJ Lens Turbo

And get it in Nikon F mount