Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 - best AF feature/setting for 14-140
  • Hi everyone,

just got my new GH2 with the 14-140 to start of with. Amazing cam!

I am still trying to figure out the best way to make use of the AF. How is your experience? Specially using AF after
    zooming, panning and focusing near and far. What settings do you use?

I'd really appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

Best,
    Alex
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Don't Zoom and Don't Pan while shooting AFC 1080p @ 24 FPS video. Use spot AF for tight shots.
  • @mpgxsvcd Thanks for reply. Do you mean leaving AFC on, but using shot AF on the wheel on the left on the GH2 (last option, rectangel with point in it)?
  • Turn the AFC off in the menu and AFS up top and then use the touch screen for fast focus change. AFC can hunt around and ruin a shot. Just play with it and you'll see when to use it, the AFSingle or Manual. Each has its place
  • @davhar AFC really does hunt around! :-(
  • Indeed, AFC can be great when it doesn't hunt but AFS screws a shot as well if you touch the plane that's already in focus. It sorta hiccups. Which is why manual is the best if you don't have to follow focus or- have a monitor, FF unit and someone to pull focus for you. All of which costs money