Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Aputure A. LAv

Different from the usual lavalier microphone, the all-in-one compact design, window-penetrating multi-functional indicator of A-lav keeps you
    informed of power status. Under normal working state, green light is on; under charging status, red light is on and it will goes off when fully charged, ensuring work efficiency.

zebra498.jpg
    577 x 584 - 50K
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • I've just bought one - will test and report as soon as I get it

• I received this today. It is very well built and seems to sound great. Still haven't done any real situation recording, but my first impressions are very good. I used it with zoom h4n and with an iphone, it is designed to work with Rode's app and you get full monitoring output function. It is a very decent package. We'll see where is the catch if there is any.

• I have had a chance to compare this aLav to the Sennheiser G3 lav system, same location same person few weeks from one interview to other. I had to shoot some additional interview footage and decided to try this thing out. Comparing to Sennheiser It sounds a lot darker and mudier, but it can be fixed by eq to some extent. The input and output jacks of my unit are loose and at one point it got disconnected and I lost a part of an interview (luckily I had backup mic), so you should always secure it with some gaffer tape. If you plug mic in the wrong jack, the unit gets stuck and cannot record until you plug the charger in when it probably resets. But it is usable. Not really for great production sound, but for that money for something sometimes is ok.

• It's a good solution in a noisy/windy environment - my only real criticism (especially considering the purchase price) is that for dslr use, it would be nice to have more output gain.