Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
G7 gets darker when hitting record - Legal range like in GH2?
  • Hi there,

I have the G7 since a few days and something bothers me a bit. I hope this wasn't asked before because I googled for quite some time and couldn't find anything; maybe I used wrong keywords?

Just as with my GH2, when I hit record the image gets darker - also the Histogram changes, just like the GH2 did. Now from my understanding, that was a legal range thing with the GH2; it always bothered me a bit that when I framed my cam and got the setup, I didn't saw what I recorded after all, because of this "bug". Now the G7 has this nice feature to let me choose if I want to record 0-255 or 16-255 (which seems not to change the actual data beeing recorded when I may trust the internet), but even setting it to full range it still changes.

Is it still the legal range-thing from the GH2, and is there some way around it?

Best, Rick

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Asking this is G7 topic is better idea

• Ah I wasn't sure. I decided for a new topic - sometimes you can't get it right huh :( I will try again there, thanks Vitaliy. Please delete this topic if it isn't cool