Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cinema 4K software for Samsung S6
    • Resolutions: 4K/UHD (2160p), Full HD (1080p), HD (720p)
    • Frame Rates: 24fps, 25fps, 30fps
    • Bitrate: from 15 Mbps up to 200 Mbps
    • Can save video files to external SD Card
    • Auto White Balance with Lock and Adjust feature
    • Manual Focus with Focus Assist (2X, 4X)
    • Exposure Compensation, Exposure Lock
    • Flat Profile (increased dynamic range)
    • Noise Reduction configuration

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frozenvolcano.android.cinema4k

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • How can it save to an external SD card if the s6 doesn't have a slot for it?

• Btw, it does not work with the S5, which shoots 4K and has an external microsd slot.

• How can it save to an external SD card if the s6 doesn't have a slot for it?

It works with some other phones, not S5 for now.

• This will not shoot 4k on my Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge.

• @AlexOh

Check Android version on it. It requires API working only on latest one.

• I'm running Android 5.0.2. As far as I know Android 5 and above support Camera2 API. All of my other apps support 4k video capture and playback.

I know there is a more recent update to the OS that Samsung has issued, but AT&T still hasn't pushed the OTA update. They are seriously slacking. T-Mobile had the update months ago.

That being said I don't think the update has anything to do with the camera.

• That being said I don't think the update has anything to do with the camera.

I do not remember where, but developer said that you need 5.1.1

• I did some research, and there is a rumor that AT&T may skip 5.1.1 altogether and update directly to Android 6.

While there is no official release date for Android Marshmallow, it is expected sometime around November along with the new Nexus device. Which probably means it'll be several months before they update the OS if ever.

I feel like every time they come out with a new batch of phones they forget about the systems they already have out there. It's frustrating because the phone I have isn't even 6 months old, and it's already going to be obsolete. Samsung has done a decent job of keeping up with software developments, but AT&T hasn't supported it at all. Android 5 isn't even a year old, and at the time I purchased the S6 Edge with 128 GB memory it was the most expensive phone AT&T sold.

Lord give me patience, and give it to me NOW!

• Ran this test on a Note 5 at 1080/24p @200Mbps http://imgur.com/a/LnhDm

• Video test