Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic Cameras - Manual + AF-S when shooting video?
  • I have a GX7 and LX100 that I use for stills and video. I'm trying to set it up to allow me to readjust focus using auto-focus (AF-S) when shooting video. When I had my Olympus cameras, it was quite easy to reset the focus automatically when recording was ongoing, but after many tries, I cannot get this functionality working on my Panasonic cameras!

I have AF-S setup to work on the back AF/AE Lock as well as the shutter half-press. It works correctly with both cameras in AF and MF (manual switch) mode BEFORE starting recording, but as soon as I start recording, neither button will cause the camera to refocus.

Under Motion Picture Menu I have: AFS/AFF/AFC : AFS Continuous AF: On

Under Custom: AF/AE Lock : AF-ON Shutter AF : ON Half Press Release : OFF Quick AF : OFF Eye Sensor AF : OFF Focus/Release Priority : RELEASE AF+MF : ON MF Assist : BOTH Constant Preview : ON

Thanks for any help!