Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
sell my GH2, or my GH3?
  • I kind of NEED to get a GH4, but have to sell either my GH2 or GH3. I just love what can be done with the GH2, but the GH3 does seem to have the edge - anyone got some advice? Help me try to make up my mind :-)

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Your not going to get much for the GH2...but even though it does have plusses hacked, overall I think the GH 3 is the more useful camera.

• Sell the GH3. You'll get more money for it, and the hacked GH2 has better image quality. I own a GH4, and I often regret selling my GH2. It would make a great B-cam. Only reason I'd go with a GH3 instead of a GH2 as a B-cam for the GH4, is if I needed weather-sealing.

• I sold my GH2 and bought a GH3, sold the GH3 and bought a GH4 and have now bought a GH2 again just cos i still prefer Moon T7 on the GH2 to the GH4! I never think of the GH3. If you've got the 4 you've kind of got the 3 plus, what do you want from the 3 you haven't got in the 4 that would make it worth keeping, GH2 out on it's own.

• Also the 2 is really easy to balance on a nebula lite!

• The GH2 is one of those once-in-a-lifetime products. Don't let it get away.

• Sell the GH3, get some decent money back from it. Keep the GH2, I did =)

• Man! There's still a lot love for the GH2. Personally, I never loved the camera much hacked or not.

I should really put this in the market place, but if anyone is interested, I have a Gini GH2 cage in mint condition for sale.