Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
new stock footage portal
  • Interesting business model for stock footage at video blocks

http://www.videoblocks.com/

Main point is that you need to be a subscriber ($99/year) but you keep 100% of sales. Footage is supposed to be cheaper than say Getty but in theory you would still earn more (Getty is 25-30% of sales going to shooter).

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • You keep 100% but it sounds like the prices are really low. If I have to sell 10-20 clips here to equal one sale at pond5 or shutterstock, why bother?

• Yeah, seems like better value for buyers (IF you already have a Videoblocks sub) as for example a clip of Old Man of Storr rock formation costs $49 on VB (clip looks better) and $215 - $4075 on Getty, and at 30% that is $64.50 - $1435-ish for the seller.

• It's nice to have another outlet for finding/selling stock footage and I actually prefer the cheaper models. I use videohive primarily and even though the clips sell for far less than getty or shutterstock, there's a lot more people willing to pay $10 for a clip than $300. It's hard to stand out on getty unless you have access to amazing locations and expensive equipment.