Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
FS: my lovely super rare - BABY HYPERGONAR 1.75x - in great shape with both caps
  • I think there is nothing more to say about this wonderful anamorphic lens, people who are interested knows this little gem, i love it but i have to invest in new expensive euqipments :o(

Its in very good cosmetic shape (dont forget this thing is out of the 50's) but the glasses are perfect and non MC!! No fungus or dust, with both caps, free shipping worldwide and of course i accept Paypal payments!!

I would be happy with a price around 2500 USD but open for offers!

Thanks and happy eastern to you all!

1.jpg
    1370 x 771 - 550K
    nejmzuzb.jpg
    673 x 497 - 170K
    u5vdoyn2.jpg
    542 x 604 - 170K
    7nbqnfjl.jpg
    834 x 1048 - 356K
  • 13 Replies sorted by
  • I am selling the same lens in the US with different channels at half the price. I do not support in general people that make these special lenses hard for people to experiment. Baby Hypergonar are very rare, so expensive but there is a limit. I propose that we buy and sell these lenses at a fair price and fuck the market! If somebody is curious to try the lens why earn so much money for that! I have a personal huge respect for cinematic CURIOSITY and do not make money out of that. I am selling at the price I payed for! This is just in the name of cinema democracy that I expect as the spirit of Personal View.

• "i am selling at the price i payed for".....thats what i do, i payed more than 2500 USD, ok, at a time where the baby are more rare to find, but its still a great piece of anamorphic history, so why should i dump it. Also, thats my "wish" price, i am open for offers

but nice advertising you do here, to sell your own Hypergonar and hoping for pm's?....is that the spirit of personal-view?

cheers

• Originally this lens on which 8mm projector is mounted? @davidemar can you pm me some infos? thx

• @chef please notice, for correct projection of 8mm commercial movies in cs, you need an anamorphic lens with x2 squeeze, the bayb hypergonar is 1.75 squeeze, you can read a discussion here

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=next_topic;f=3;t=001630;go=older

i got a rare iscomorphot 8/x2 anamorphic projection lens too, with perfect clear glasses without dust, haze or fungus inside (by the way, the baby hypergonar also with perfect glasses), see pictures

gisyqzr8.jpg
    658 x 694 - 211K
    axbv8ppj.jpg
    1226 x 832 - 347K
  • the baby hypergonar was sold sometimes with 8mm cameras for shooting, like a revue model, but i cant remember any set with a projector.

• I'm looking for smaller setups…other hints?

• I do not search any PMs was my personal opinion

• @chef....no, not with a x2 squeeze, the smallest i have is the Kowa 16D, then the Kowa 8Z / 16H.....and the the Baby Hypergonar, its not bigger then a little battery but the squeeze is not 100% correct for commercial 8mm movies in cs, its x1,75.

• @dsm78 here my very first action with anamorphic lens …. the one I'm using ,got it for 30€ local http://www.ebay.it/itm/Obiettivo-ANAMORFICO-Cine-OPTICAL-PROIECTAR-IPER-16-2-X-ANAMORPHIC-LENS-/261733232910 , is kinda bulky i need something really small . http://www.ebay.it/itm/141542568001 have u ever eard of this one?

• @chef...i never hered from a Canon 8mm scope before, it seems a little bit soft/unsharp like the Iscomorphot 8mm. The Zeiss 8mm, the Bolex Möller 8mm or the Bayb Hypergonar would give you much more image quality for shooting, but it (the canon) would be the right squeeze factor for 8mm cinemascope projection, you are searching for. Also you can check out this little "new" thing, the VM Lens from anamorphicshop, but i have no experience with that

VM lens anamorphic 1.5x test from V.M. on Vimeo.

Here is a (looong) test shoot out between 5 x2 anamorphic lenses, i shoot last year, but i forget this day my external evf and sunglasses, so most of the shots would normally be sharper. But these x2 anamorphics are not tiny, they are around the size and weight of a mid-size takinglens.

An Anamorphic Shoot Out at Grömitz Beach from MG on Vimeo.

• @dsm78 yeah i know those u mentioned but i don't really like the cheap vm and the other is way too big….

• @chef....ok then here my last option for tiny but high quality anamorphic lenses, the Bolex Moeller 8/19/1.5x, in perfect condition, with accesories, leatherbag and clear glasses - asking price is 1300 USD incl shipping ww and paypal

by the way - the Baby Hypergonar is now 1999,99 USD ;o)

I'm a collector and all my anamorphic lenses are in perfect condition!!

12.JPG
    800 x 478 - 44K
    13.JPG
    800 x 478 - 52K
    15.JPG
    800 x 478 - 42K
    16.JPG
    359 x 600 - 23K
    17.JPG
    800 x 478 - 42K
    14.JPG
    800 x 478 - 46K
  • Only the Iscomorphot 8/x2 is still available, all other anamorphics are sold!!

Iscomorphot asking price 550USD

Shipping worldwide, Paypal payment