Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Introductions, tell us about yourself
  • Wassup
    introducin myself
    new to video & photo
    i use a gh2 with 20mm pancake
    I also own pynkhouse.com
    Will be here to ask questions etc.
    Yeeee rbg
  • 15 Replies sorted by
  • @kenoah

:-)
    I'll make it more general topic.
  • Well hello!
    Im Andy
    im 34
    Im from Oxford UK
    Ive been married for 5 years and have a little girl
    Im my daughters carer (she has some disabilities)
    I own GF1 GH2 HX9 & Nex 5n (which I use most lately)
    Ive occasionally done wedding shoots on the side
    I used to do traditional animation and a artist originally
    I LOVE films (and animation) and are currently shooting my first attempt at a narrative film in the hopes of getting more local types interested.
    Im a frustrated filmmaker wannabe (dont want fame/fortune just want to make films!)
    I bloody love coffee! :-)
  • Howdy.
    Sam, 34 going on 15 (regarding the inability to stop buying gear)
    Australian living in Japan for almost 11 years.
    Started out with the hvx200 and now spending most of my time with the GH13...GH2 on the cards very shortly... And very seriously thinking about the gopro hero 2 for action stuff.

Skydiving is where its at for me and as soon as i get enough jumps its wingsuiting time.
    Started out in sound design after arriving here and enjoy nothing more than bring all the elements together for movies and animations.

Love writing as well as putting those scripts (albeit not as often as i should or would like to) into filming.

Have a massive fascination for astronomy and math yet have the ability with numbers of a slightly spoiled mushroom; which is why i am in awe of most of the people on here.

Also enjoy long walks on the beach (it was going to be done anyway so i thought it may as well be me)

Cheers!
  • Hey,

I'm a UK based shooter/editor doing corporate/event/wedding work with Panny HMC150/AF101 & FD primes,
    been following the GH2 hack evolution, planning to get GH2 as 3rd cam (and dreaming that Panny will release 25p update in firmware ;p)
    like using the AF101 but I do more run and gun stuff so would be easier to pack a GH2 alongside my HMC150 for the shallow D.O.F interviews and detail shots I need.
    It's not easy getting around on London tubes with 2 cams and a stack of gear!

Peace
  • i just hacked my gh2, DOPE! i got a gig filmin angel eyez @ the Fox Club in Hayward CA! if yall out in the bay come out n kick it wit a gangggggstaaaaaa
  • Hey. My name is Caleb, I'm a student at Bethel University in Minnesota, USA, creating my own custom major, "Film and Art", which I may or may not finish (the bank account is basically empty right now, so . . .)

My dad bought me a Canon GL2 and Final Cut Studio back in high school, and I've been hooked on filmmaking ever since. Upgraded to a GH2 a while back, and I'm pretty sure I'll never sell it. Great camera to have around.

As you might have guessed from my username, I love to play music, especially Hammond B3 organ. (If you don't know what it is, just go to youtube.) I also play a lot of guitar and some bass.

Telling stories is my passion, and I'd love to get into narrative filmmaking more seriously. (I've found, however, that script writing is not my forte.), so I've been getting into documentary filmmaking a bit, and have found that to be good practice for everything but the creation of the story and characters.
  • I'm Peter, 18
    I shoot using a gh2 with a 14-42 and a helios 44-2, a homemade handle and a go pro hd
    I currently use final cut pro 7, and I am in the process of switching to adobe
    I do mostly action sports edits, a lot of them on skiing
  • Hi, Ian_T in Florida grew up in Connectcut and originally from Jamaica. Engineer @ Kennedy Space Center and up until recently worked on the space shuttle program (which was just put to rest in the last few months). Making music is my main thing (writing / producing and every now and then singing). So naturally being a wanna-be filmaker is the next step. Got a beautiful wife and three lovely children -- all girls (my youngest just born a couple of weeks ago -- Oct 13th). It's obvious movie making is just a hobby for me but my hopes are to "get good at it." I enjoy being in the midst of many of you "smart" folks and reading your posts (Vitaliy, CBrandin, LPowell etc.,...including that drifter in the woods guy...lol).
  • Jamaica! What it DO! my peoples is from St. Cathrine
  • Married with 2 kids. Got sick and tired of watching TV. Spent $3k on GH2 & gears. Determined to get back $3k by shooting video for clients. Failed to find customers. Got so pessimistic and decided to short the market. Thanks to the brainless leadership in Europe, earned more than enough to make up for the spending. Pondering what to buy next. Maybe an electronic acoustic guitar. Looking at the world through the lenses gives reality distortion. It looks a whole lot better thanks to Vitaliy and the gang. I hope to see the beauty with my bare eyes one day. Just keep on dancing while the music lasts.
  • Ha...small world. Kingston...Duhaney Park area.
  • Hi there
    20111117-P1000853.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 1M
  • Hey I'm JJ... I'm in that photo to the side. I'm a greek boy born, raised, and still living in Sacramento, CA. I'm still in film school and want to be done. I work at CBS13/CW31 as the promos shooter and editor, and shoot them all on the GH2(driftwood's hacks of course). So that's about 12 to 15 broadcasted promos a day shot on the GH2. I play soccer and like to shoot stuff. Oh ya, I used to have a GL2, I don't miss it. Here's my demo reel.
  • My Name is Christopher.
    I have been in the production industry (NYC area) since 1993.
    Until recently, when I started my own LLC, I was mostly producing and directing a little bit here and there.
    I worked on some features back in the crew days - G&E. None of the films really saw the light of day.
    I have produced more than 120 national commercials (Olay, Lysol, EZ Off, Hoover, Budweiser, etc.) and probably 50 corporate shoots. One college film that I associate produced just won an award at the Corp festival in Cannes (5D).
    I also have shot some music videos.
    I like this message board community a lot, it has a world vibe and yet, feels pretty tight knit.
    Great job, Vitaly.
    I really love the GH cameras for their flexibility. I'm a little deflated right now as Adorama rented out the arri prime ultra speed 18mm that i wanted to try over the holiday.

GH1, Gh2, nikkor 50mm 1.4, nikkor 105mm 2.o, Pan 14-140, Voigtlander 25mm f.95, lensbaby tilt kit, redrock micro FF/rails/tripod mount, Sachtler Dv something tripod. I am working on learning Premiere Pro 5.5...

Oh yeah, married w/ two kids.

Cheers!

• Hey

I have a small video\audio production house in Lisbon, Portugal.
    Currently studying and investing in rigs for our 5D and 7D cameras...that's how i discovered this gem of a website :)
    the components are still (slowly) arriving, and i expect to update some reviews when it's all finally assembled and in real world comercial use...
    I'm mixing it up - some pieces from Trusmt -rails and cage + a used Vocas mattebox (still saving for another, new one - it'll also be by Trusmt, i think) + cinematics usb follow focus (hopefully solves my jib problems) + lamparte v-mount hdmi power station + lamparte shoulder mount + etc.

next challenge will be the audio. we have a juicedlink pre-amp, but i'm looking for something more portable and simpler. along the lines of Tascam iXZ, maybe...

also, today i started to try a DIY project, to make a remote video trigger for the canon dslr's, based on the RC-5 IR emitter. if it works (having some trouble 'emptying' the flexible metal tube i got from a mini usb-led light) i'll share the components and instructions, of course.

I'll keep you updated on this stuff. and, of course, wait for suggestions and any help i can get
    cheers