Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Greece: You need to save. Because our banks want new golf court.
  • New laws passed Greece parlament.

All additional payments for goverment workers will be cut.
    Average salary will decrease in 20% (in addition to 18% of previous cuts).
    Non taxable yearly income will be cut form 8.000 EUR to 5.000 EUR.
    30.000 goverment workers will be thrown out.

All pension payments exceeding 1000 EUR will be cut 20%, and if you are younger then 55, will be cut by 40%.
    Additonal pension payments will be also cutted.
  • 15 Replies sorted by
  • Fury.

What is the EU? Why does it exist? Who does it help the most? Aren't these the questions we should be asking?

No, these are the questions people in joining the EU should have been asking at the outset.
  • Underpaid government workers = more corruption = more decline.

Insane!
  • @nomad
    This is not insane. That's the plan. First, "someone" took Greece into the euro area (knowing that Greece does not meet the conditions for the euro area), second, "someone" Greece borrowed money (knowing that Grace is unable to repay them), thirdly, "someone" gave enormous social advantages Greece (knowing that in Greece every third citizen does not pay taxes). This is a very good plan, entitled: How to buy Greece for very little money.
  • And have a "cheap labor" country closer to Europe, reducing shipping costs, flood risks and the like.

I admit, for 'someone' it makes sense. European maquiladora …

Probably they'll start to build an electric fence soon, like the Republican candidate is suggesting for the Mexican border.
  • >What is the EU? Why does it exist? Who does it help the most? Aren't these the questions we should be asking?

All this questions have clear answers.
    EU is necessary for normal life.
    You can't be competitive inside one small country.
    This is why you have constantly increasing number of various unions and free trade zones across the world.
  • The European Union, in its present form, is very inefficient body. Only the creation of the United States of Europe with the EU can make a meaningful player in the international arena. But it is probably impossible. It is a pity.
  • >But it is probably impossible. It is a pity.

It is not pity.
    Because it is, in fact, current target of bank community.
    If you carefully track initiatives, you'll see this.
    One central bank and one financial goverment is easy to control.

Current period is abnormal in human history and happened because science and cheap energy.
    System starts sliding in it's more stable state. And under this I mean confrontation and survival of the fittest.
  • Do you always have to explain everything so accurately? Thank you.
    Europe lacks leadership. The situation is bad, but apparently there is nothing that accelerates thinking than that will be hung. Unfortunately, the ruling elite play down the current situation, because their wealth does not depend on the wealth of citizens. To time. This is what I hear in the media is similar to what the elite spoke before the French Revolution or October Revolution.
    I am an idealist and the idea of a united Europe like me, not only for practical reasons. So I think it's sad
  • >the ruling elite play down the current situation

It depends from what you understand under "ruling elite".
    Politic leaders, ministers are not "ruling elite".
    They are managers hired by real elite.
    It is also interesting how Libya war showed it at 100%.
  • >It depends from what you understand under "ruling elite".
    I mean the real masters of puppets. I mean those who are not elected in the parliamentary elections.
    >It is also interesting how Libya war showed it at 100%.
    Gaddafi was the murderer, who has not used the opportunity to make Libya a country happy people, but what has made Europe a typical action of the Imperial Colonialism. I know that I do not agree with me, but I have not seen such propaganda in the media since 1989 (sorry, was previously Iraq and Afghanistan). Amazing how easy it is to inculcate the people that black is white and vice versa. During the first war in Iraq, my uncle said it was only the beginning of wars over resources.
    I've seen on Youtube, "death" Gaddafi. Whether this is true or hoax, the reaction of these people was appalling. Is this the Christian message of Europe?
  • Gaddafi was the murderer, who has not used the opportunity to make Libya a country happy people
    I know that I do not agree with me :-)
  • >Gaddafi was the murderer, who has not used the opportunity to make Libya a country happy people
    Yes, you're right, I should think before I write something ...
    I should write that Gaddafi had such opportunities, resources, unlimited power, was a poor leader, in my opinion?
    >I know that I do not agree with me :-)
    Sorry, As I read it myself, ashamed of me :-) - should be "you" instead of "I" :-)
  • @Mihuel

How about to supply some facts about "murderer" and "poor leader"?
    I also think what you could be surprised if stop reading western mass media and look how many projects was done in Libya.
  • >I also think what you could be surprised if stop reading western mass media and look how many projects was done in Libya.
    I know this because in the 80's, many families of my friends worked on contracts in Libya.
  • @Mihuel

So. He is not "murderer" and not "poor leader" :-)

Reporting from Washington— Moammar Kadafi secretly salted away more than $200 billion in bank accounts, real estate and corporate investments around the world before he was killed, about $30,000 for every Libyan citizen and double the amount that Western governments previously had suspected, according to senior Libyan officials.

The new estimates of the deposed dictator's hidden cash, gold reserves and investments are "staggering," one person who has studied detailed records of the asset search said Friday. "No one truly appreciated the scope of it."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-kadafi-money-20111022,0,5740812.story

And this is truly democratic(tm) "mass media". Of course, they can only tell you the truth.