Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
bad micro HDMI port on GH4
  • Tried plugging in a Zacuto EVF today, No signal to the monitor. tried a few other monitors and several cables...still nothing.

I've never used the port before either.

Anyone have experience with a bad HDMI port on their GH4's?

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • If you have your HDMI output set to 4K instead of 1080p it's possible that might be the problem, as many monitors and EVF's can't receive a 4K HDMI signal. Check that your HDMI out is 1080p, and also check that you are in creative movie mode or one of the video modes. Sometimes I don't see HDMI output in photo modes.

• Did you upgrade to the latest firmware?

• update: I ordered a new micro hdmi. gonna see if that helps.

firmware-wise i'm on 2.0

• update 2: no dice on either count. looks like i have a bad hdmi port.

any advice on whom to contact for repair? or if its even worth it?

Thanks J-P

• They are notoriously weak. I've had to send my camera back and now I treat it very carefully when using it with my external monitor.

• Hey nobbystylus Where did you send your camera? And what was the turnaround approx?

• I'm in the UK and it went back to the panasonic centre near Gatwick in Sussex. It took about 9 days. It drove me mad waiting for it but they did it within warranty. Still the HDMI port feels pretty weak to me and if I'm on a shoot using a monitor I black tack the connection as well as use an HDMI lock on my cage.