Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Strong magenta tint on Schneider IRND 1.5. Possible counterfeit?
  • I finally got around to doing some comparison tests with and without a Schneider 4x4" IRND 1.5 that I bought on eBay from a reputable seller several months ago. I was surprised to find a very pronounced magenta tint. In direct sunlight at 6000K white balance on my GH4, it had a cold, reddish tint. In auto-WB, I can see the white balance changing substantially when I add the ND, and it still has a reddish tint. I've uploaded the video from my testing here:

Again, I bought the filter from a reputable seller on eBay with good ratings, it came in a pouch with the Schneider logo, and the filter itself has "Schneider" engraved on it. I bought it together with a Schneider Platinum circular polarizer that works great, which makes it even stranger. Could this be a counterfeit filter?