Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Doubtful Sound, New Zealand Short Film Feedback
  • This is a short film I recently made about Doubtful Sound, which is located in Fiordland, in the South West of New Zealand. It is one of the few places where the remote coast of Fiordland has road access, although its not generally accessible for private vehicles and requires an hour boat journey to access the road, which is unsealed over a mountain pass. It is a place of extremes, with a resident human population of 2, a sandfly population of at least 2 million, and an average annual rainfall of 8750mm (344 inches). Aside from the scenery, fishing is a major activity, which mainly targets blue cod, groper and crayfish.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the film. Thanks in advance.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Did you film it anamorphic or cropped it in post?

I'm a kiwi too :-) But in Auckland.

• Nice to know there are a few kiwi's lurking around here. I cropped this in post :-)

• That's great Mathew! Makes me wish I still lived in the South Island, and the crayfish shots are making me real hungry! The sandflies don't seem to bother the locals though ay?

• They were delicious (crayfish not sandflies!)