Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
  • I just saw this on ebay. I love the design, small and simple.

AAA4251-8.jpg
    600 x 811 - 93K
    AAA4251-9N(2).jpg
    400 x 418 - 38K
    AAA42511_3N.jpg
    600 x 450 - 51K
    AAA42532_1N.jpg
    600 x 450 - 47K
    IMG_5475.jpg
    5184 x 3456 - 797K
    IMG_5477.jpg
    5184 x 3456 - 702K
    Skier O System(1).jpg
    2504 x 1878 - 2M
    gh3_4.jpg
    739 x 776 - 120K
    gh3_5.jpg
    800 x 541 - 75K
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • This is Skier rig :-)

If you so like it, you can make similar 3D model for contest :-)
  • In case anyone is wondering, I emails Skier directly to get a price on just the ring and handle kit by itself. They want $260 and it's free shipping world wide.
  • Hello all. I am the UK distributor for Skier products,

Please get in touch if you have any questions or need more information.

Happy New Year all!!!!!

• Link removed.
    We are not free advertizment platform, Period.
  • When I first saw this, I was like, "Who the Eff skis and shoots with follow focus???" :D
  • I have played with there stuff in a shop about a year ago. Its seems very well built but the FF had a ton of backlash. I don't get to see very many rigs were I live so I can't compare it to anything, the Skier stuff is all I have seen.

That e-Bay price is way too high- You can get the basic O rig out here in Taiwan for $415usd, same thing without the FF. $560 with the FF.

I like the idea of the O rigs but I use manual apature lens, the O ring would get in the way for me.

They seem to be distributed or made by a company called keystone photo out of Taipei.
  • Bought the o ring £130-00 from Nomad looked funky and he's a v nice chap who distributes the Skier stuff in my experience.
  • I bought the skier stuff - rig and o-ring. I looked around a load of others before settling on this. It's not expensive for what it is and most importantly allows me to compactly mount my rifle mic and radio mic and juiced link without the rig looking like it belongs on a low budget film set. That's crucial for me as I do docs so need to keep it relatively simple looking - as much as that is poss with the meccano lit construction of DSLR set ups. Check my vimeo page up where I have some vids if interested.

• Personally I think it should be around $300 tops. Looks cool tho.

• Does anybody have any pictures of the Skier O-ring in use with a GH camera? Seems to me like it would be too big, but I like the design and a sturdy rod-based top handle would be a welcome addition.