Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Olympus 14-35mm f2 or Sigma 18-35mm f1,8
  • I'm using a gh4, previously gh2, and I'm thinking about selling my trusty Olympus 14-35 for a Sigma 18-35mm + speedbooster. Any thoughts?

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • I have never used an olympus 14-35 f2 but ever since I bought a sigma 18-35, I have never taken it off my GH3/2. Very Sharp! Currently my work horse. Plus if you get the speedbooster, even better.

• Well, the Sigma + Speedbooster it will be wider and faster than the Olympus, something like 13-25mm f1.2 my guess.

• So it basically comes down to range vs. brightness. Thanx!

• @HillTop1 is it your Sigma for Nikon or ? Does it have manual control for aperture ?

• The Olympus is sharp edge-to-edge at the widest opening, and a great match image-wise for zeiss superspeeds. Unless you simply have an urge to acquire new gear I'd say you're much better off investing in good lighting.

• @feha, mine is the Nikon mount. No it don't have a manual aperture control but I'm using the metabone N/F mount adapter to control the aperture.