Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 SD card slot won't lock the card
  • I'm pretty bummed about this shit right now. 2014 was by far my most unproductive year ever, I think I can write down the days how many times I've actually took my GH2 out to shoot something, it just kept sitting in the bag all the time.

Yesterday I went out to shoot, got home, took out the SD card and replaced it with the formatted one, but out of the blue, the card kept popping out. The whatever mechanism held it/locked it in place, it doesn't anymore.

I think I know the answer but I'll put the question out there anyway - is this something that can be fixed?

PS - I've tried with other SD cards I have, same result. But if I push the card in and close the slot hatch, it seems to work, the camera can write to the card. Not exactly sure how much of a solution is this, the doors are flimsy enough and it takes one wrong touch to pull them open.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Update - seems that my old Transcend 32GB card lost one of those thin plastic separators between the contacts and one is coming off. So...the missing hairthin piece of plastic is in GH's card slot. Great. FFS.